Are you being the person you always wanted to be? Are you living the life you always wanted to live? Unfortunately, only a small amount of people can answer these questions with a yes. However, everybody possesses the power to change it immediately. If you are unsatisfied with yourself and your life, you can change it right now at this moment.
Nobody is coming to knock on your door and transform you and your life (well, it is very unlikely). You need to decide for yourself to just be the person you want to be. In case you know that there is something missing in your life and you are not completely happy, but you don’t really know who you want to be and what life you wanna live, that is completely normal. You only need to take some time aside and the answers will come to you.
You deserve to live your dream life and be truly happy. If that is not the case right now, you have the power to change it!
I hope these 10 steps are helping you to find and release your true self.
- Spend time alone without any distraction. No phone, computer or TV. Imagine your perfect life. What are you doing? Who is with you? How do you feel?
- Discover your passion. What are you interested or passionate about? What do you enjoy doing? What makes time just fly by without noticing?
- Find out your moral standards. What are you agreeing with and what do you think is wrong in the world or your environment? What do you wanna change? What do you think is not right? What do you want to support?
- Picture yourself in the future. Who do you wanna be and what do you want to be known for?
- Stop or get rid of things that make you unhappy. If something makes you truly unhappy try to work your way around it or stop it. Try to find out why it makes you unhappy or frustrated. If it is your job, search and apply for a new one. Or start studying. It is your life and you should be spending it the way you want to.
- Spend time with people that inspire you. Spend time with people that make you a better person and that encourage you to be your true self. Get rid of people that make you unhappy or make you feel bad.
- Look for inspirations. What are those people doing that you are looking up to or envy? Try to copy it. They don’t possess superpowers. You can do the same things they can!
- Be fearless. Don’t think about what can go wrong but start to think about what can go right. In our mind, we often create fearful scenarios, but most of them are very unlikely to happen. Be brave and start living.
- Be your true self. Act and start feeling the way you want to. Pretend as if you have already everything that you want. Start to feel as you are living your dream life right now. Your energy will attract everything you want. Be open for opportunities. Be spontaneous. Life will bring you the things you want but you need to notice them and take the chances. Be patient and all will come to you.
- Let go of negativity and be grateful. Yes many things can go wrong and you may have all sorts of problems, but that is a part of life. A person that doesn’t have any problems is a dead one. Start to see all the positive things in life. Be grateful for what you have got. Enjoy the little things, the smell of a nice cup of tea or the sun shining on you. Don’t lose yourself in negative thoughts, bring your mind back to the present moment and enjoy it. Be grateful and actually feel grateful for all the things that you already have and all the things that you will receive.
Now embrace the new you and look forward to all that life has to offer for you.